Thursday, January 15, 2009

What Do I Do?

Okay, time for a new poem. This one applies to two of my best friends...you probably know who you are...so I wrote this for you. It was a while ago, but it's still true.

What do you do
when you have no idea what's supposed to be done?
What do you say
when you have no clue what's supposed to be said?
How do you comfort someone,
one of your best friends in the world,
when you don't know where to begin?
Nothing's going to cut it.
Everything you say is going to roll off her back,
and it won't make a difference.
Because you know that if you were in her shoes,
there would be nothing to make you feel better
except the one who made you feel this way in the first place.

2 comments:

  1. This isn't about me, is it? :''''(

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe... :( I wrote it while we were just sitting there silent. You in the chair, Michelle on B's bed, and me here at my desk. And it just happens to apply to my other friend from home, too.

    ReplyDelete