Tuesday, January 13, 2009

School-home

So I'm home...school-home, that is. Funny how this feels like home to me after a few months. Funny how we call the place where we grew up home, even though we don't live there anymore. Funny how it seems as though we have two homes, and miss each as much as the other when we're away from it.
I'm glad to be back. I love this place...the way I can see the rest of the city perfectly from my window, sparkling at night and shining in the afternoon sun, the cars never ending on the freeway below me, even those times when I should be in bed but just can't sleep. It feels right living here. Like I was meant to be here, meant to know these people I love. Like I was destined to find myself here.
Thank you, Omaha, for being you.

I'll tell you later about the tear-filled afternoon I had yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. :)
    I love you! And this is definitely how I feel about Creighton as well.

    ReplyDelete