Saturday, January 10, 2009

Ignorance Was Bliss

So. My first poem on here. My favorite, I think...

Lose yourself in the structure.
The real world is gone,
Separate from your microcosm.
Fall into the cycle
Day by day, week by week.
Time flies and drags paradoxically.
All's monotony.
Until the real world hits you
Like the proverbial brick wall.
Then nothing's the same.
Pull yourself from the wreckage,
Try to keep from suffocating
Under the blanket pulled over your eyes.
Fight to survive.
Broken, but alive.

2 comments:

  1. I like the last sentence a lot! "Broken, but alive." Really, that is all the matters is that you are still alive. That means you still have the choice of what you are going to do with your life, and how you are going to live it.

    In some cases, maybe becoming broken is a blessing in disguise, especially if it changes your look on life in a positive way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, that's actually my favorite line too. :)

    ReplyDelete