Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Change Can Be Good Sometimes...

So I've been thinking lately...maybe change is one of the best things for us. Right now, everything feels like it's changing. New president today (woot woot for Obama!), new classes, new music preferences, new friends randomly turning their backs, completely new friends even (woot woot for Katie!). And right now, it all feels like that's how it should be. College is a time for growth, maturity, and CHANGE. And that's what I'm doing. I love the way my life has become, everything in it making me who I am supposed to be. Honestly, I don't really know who that person is, but I'm getting there and growing to love her, which is a difficult thing to do.


I used to think that all change was bad for us, bad for our souls...but not anymore. Even with breakups (no, don't worry, that doesn't have to do with me and Ryan), I really think that they're usually best for the person who got hurt the most. They find themselves in them, and they realize that the person who hurt them obviously wasn't the one they were destined to love forever. Be a cynic if you want, say that I'm wrong and that a lot of the time people who were destined for each other break up and regret it forever. But that's not how I feel, and you're not going to ruin my lovely optimism. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment