Friday, January 30, 2009

Tolerance Is a Wonderful Thing

I can't stand it anymore...the intolerance on this floor is INSANE. Insane in the membrane, as Michelle said earlier this morning. I CANNOT STAND IT. lflsjfosowfvhfldskcldsknjvihvfesvf. damn it.
I hate people who "know" they're right about everything, because usually they're not.
I hate people who can't accept a small difference in another person.
I hate people who think that being different is being weird.
I HATE people who think there's a problem with someone being gay.
So one of your friends from high school has a subscription to some magazine...so you figured out he's gay...don't sit there surrounded by people who have views that are radically different from yours and wait for them to be...idk, upset or something.
You: "Yeah, he's gay."
Another person: "...Not that there's anything wrong with that."
You: "Woah...yes, there is." FUCKING ASSHOLE.
I actually kind of hope you're reading this, just so you know what an ignorant JERK you are. What are you so afraid of, anyway? I have some great friends who are gay. What makes them worth less than you, O Hallowed One? In case you haven't heard, there's this kinda famous document that says "all men (and women really) are created equal."

Funny how everything connects, isn't it? In my World Lit class right now, we're reading Candide, to which the Declaration of Independence is directly related. Look at the last line of the main paragraph: "To prove this, let Facts be submitted to the CANDID world." That's a direct tribute to Monsieur Voltaire, thank you very much.

And to someone else: DON'T EVEN go around saying how teacher's unions are worthless and pointless and how you don't see why you should have to pay dues to belong to something so pointless. ASSHOLE. My mom works for the Nebraska State Education Association. It's her job, and you don't even have any idea how many teachers have to get help from her because students are DUMB and try to get their teachers in trouble. GET OVER YOURSELF. You don't know anything.

Okay, there's my rant and rave. Thanks for reading.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, yay, teacher's unions! One of my best friends (my HS teacher) is the president of our union. It's like a second job. I think contract week was one of the most stressful weeks of my life and I wasn't even writing it. They do so much that most students aren't aware of (especially the stupid ones you mentioned).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arg! The intolerance and ignorance people contain in their views towards other people depress me so.

    People are all different...why can't people just accept them for how they are?!

    And oh my how I hate when it comes to the gay society and gay rights conflicts, the Bible gets involved. Makes me wants to bash my head into a wall.


    UGH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha thanks Michelle! I love you too!

    And Nic, I posted this mainly for you. I have a really good friend from high school who came out this summer, and I thought of both of you immediately when this guy said that...I was so angry, and I just don't understand...

    ReplyDelete