Tuesday, March 31, 2009

For Caitlin...


I found out earlier today that Caitlin, my 12-year-old cousin (twin sister to Meghan - they live out in Baltimore), either was or is going through emotions similar to mine. I can't believe it...she's twelve! Twelve. Seriously? I didn't know 12-year-olds could be depressed, let alone nearly suicidal. She's the one on the far left...this picture's from my dance recital last year, and we danced to Thriller. Thus the strange outfit. But anyway.

My aunt found some of my uncle's pills and a note in her room...I can't believe it. Caitlin said it was from a few months ago and that she's over it, but I'm not sure I believe that. She's gone to a couple counseling sessions, I guess...I wish I could talk to her about it, but I can't. She would hate her mother for telling my mom, and my mom for telling me, and me for asking about it.

I just wish...I wish that we could talk about it and make an agreement. I feel like if we allied it would help both of us. I guess that talk will just have to wait a while.

1 comment:

  1. :( maybe you should just talk to her and not mention why... it could help both of you.

    And this might sound totally weird but if you need to talk you can come talk to me. I don't want to go too much into detail about it publicly but I think I have had a similar experience.

    Colleen

    ReplyDelete