Saturday, March 31, 2012

What's eating you alive might help you to survive

I've had "Me and Mia" by Ted Leo & the Pharmacists in my head all day, and that (^this post's title, up there^) is the line that's sticking out to me. That's how I usually pick my post titles, if you're new here.

**before we get started, I just wanted to complain about how much let you guys know that my face hurts really bad right now. I'm pretty positive that I have a sinus infection, which is just great considering how crappy I felt yesterday and the day before. Oh well, at least I'm already on an antibiotic. Back to the post now**

It's #wearTWLOHA day, so I want to reflect on that a little. I'm wearing mine (the turquoise shirt that Patrick got for me this summer while he was interning there!) because it reminds me that none of us is ever alone in our struggle to live. Maybe it's your own personal struggle. Maybe it's your friend's, your daughter's, your brother's. We all struggle with life sometimes - we'd be lying if we said we didn't.

For me, well...if you've looked at this blog ever, you know my story. I don't need to repeat it. I'm at a considerably better place in my life right now than I was 4 months ago, 2 years ago, or 7 years ago. I am happy to be alive. I am excited for the future. I can SEE my future (or at least parts of it), which is plenty more than I could say just a few months ago.

I can't say enough how my friends save my life. I'm reminded of that every day - Steph's eyes lighting up when she sees me, Pat listening to me cry and moan for hours, Scott giving me the most important advice I've ever received, Andrew's ability to understand everything about me, Shannon's way of feeling all these feelings I'm feeling, Claire letting me into her life right away, Katie crying with me, Rachel pointing out how happy I am when I talk about painting, Katherine's ability to cheer me up, Elane's drive to do good, and so many other people doing amazing things to keep me going. I hope you all know, even if I didn't mention you specifically, how important you and your friendship are to me. You are the ones I live for, and I do need you all so much.

But enough about me.

What's your story? Do you wear TWLOHA? Why? I want to know. It's the end of an important day for celebrating life, love, and support. You are not alone, even when you feel it the most - especially then. There will always be someone thinking of you, there will always be someone to answer the phone when you call, and there will always be love in your life. Don't forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment