Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Uniform Project, Creighton-style


I've recently been realizing that I should wear skirts more often. I like them, they're cute, and they're a change from my typical jeans and v-neck daily uniform.
Well...now I'll be wearing the same dress for the next 7 days in a row.
Day 1 - purple tights, black flats, skinny black belt, purple earrings, and glasses
Now, why in the heck would I wear the same thing every day for a week?
I am participating in a program with a small group of ladies from my residence hall called “The Uniform Project.” We will all be wearing a black dress for 7 days in a row, changing up our accessories to have a different outfit with the same base each day. Our focus is on combining sustainability and fashion, with a little bit of body image thrown in as well. I personally will be focusing on body image in my first post.
Our inspiration for this program is the original Uniform Project, which you can read about here. We’ll be taking photos of our outfits each day, and all of us will be writing 3 blog posts each about our experiences with the project. If you’d like to follow along with our stories this week, you can find them here!
I’d love some feedback/ideas for new ways to accessorize. I have a few belts, a hat, a few pairs of tights, and a ton of different jewelry, but it would be great to get some fresh ideas.
So please come check us out at swansonhalluniformproject.wordpress.com!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited to be following this project! It's a very unique approach to addressing issues of body image (and I love the sustainability aspect as well). I'm excited to see all the amazing outfits y'all have dreamed up....good luck to all seven of you. :)

    ReplyDelete