Monday, March 14, 2011

Well maybe...the landslide will bring you down

I know I haven't posted in a while, but I'm not going to apologize for that. Honestly, I haven't felt the need to say anything over the past few days. Lately I've been writing things out in my notebook...most of what I want to say is a little too private to be put in a post for anyone to read. I also had a really wonderful conversation with one of my absolute best friends (shoutout to Steph) yesterday; I finally got something out that I've been holding in for a very long time, and I couldn't have asked for a better listener.

I realized recently that I've been taking a lesson from Glee lately - there are so many songs that can describe how I'm feeling so perfectly. In case you haven't noticed or figured it out yet, almost all of my post titles are song lyrics - each one matches how I felt at the time, or at least was playing in my head for some reason. This time, it's Landslide (originally by Stevie Nicks). I would prefer the Stevie Nicks version, but I couldn't find a good recording of it...or I didn't try very hard because I actually really like the Dixie Chicks version too. I never really understood what this song was trying to say in the past - I guess I never really listened. But yes, it was last week's episode of Glee that made me re-examine it. I had to figure out what the characters were trying to communicate, and I wasn't getting it just from the show. I had to read the lyrics, I had to listen to the melody, I had to look at my own life.


Can I handle the seasons of my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment