Sunday, March 20, 2011

Caught up in circles, confusion is nothing new

If you're lost, you can look and you will find me, time after time.

I wish I could say that tonight was perfect. It was so damn close.

Going out, dancing the night away, being young and wild and free...amazing. A hand held, a good mood.

But then that ending to the night sucked. Absolutely sucked. It's actually pretty painful when it seems like someone wants you around, wants to talk with you, and then forgets what he said and tells you that you should go away.



I don't know if you realize it, but you never said thank you for your gift. Saying thank you really isn't your strong suit, is it? I've seen it - it was in that look when you saw that I wrote in the book, and it was in your voice tonight when you said you noticed that I had actually paid attention to what you wanted. I did, trust me - it took me weeks to decide what to give you. I'm the type that needs to hear things sometimes...but it looks like I just need to look for it instead of expecting to hear it.

But that realization doesn't mean I'm not going to cry it out now.

No comments:

Post a Comment