Saturday, December 18, 2010

I'll be home for Christmas

The worst finals week in the history of my life is finally over, and I am home. Thank the Lord.

I love Creighton and all of my amazing friends there, don't get me wrong. It's just wonderful coming home after a looooong week of stress and hassle.

I saw my baby cousin Cale today. :) That's me holding him this summer when I met him for the first time. He is SUCH a happy baby! Oh my goodness, I just love him so much! He's actually my cousin Ann Marie's son, so he's...my second cousin? First cousin once removed? I'm not sure. It's easier to call him my cousin.

Tomorrow, I shall see my BESTIESSSSS. I am so freaking excited. Rachel, Laura, and Corinne. Love love love. We're going to take the pictures we planned to take this summer, but now it's winter. We'll be taking them at Corinne's house, May Museum, downtown Fremont, and wherever else we feel like it. It's going to be a blast! Rachel's sister Megan (aka my sister Megan) shall be our photographer. To give you a preview, here's the epitome of my friendship with Rachel in photographic form:






Bahahahahaha. That was a fun night. Now you know all that you need to know about my best (home) friend and myself. :)

Also, I'll be baking cookies with friends Madi and Jayme, as well as their moms (Cozy and Diane, respectively) and my own mom and possibly Katie's mom Jodi. Katie unfortunately can't come, and neither can Marissa or her mom Marsha. Sad day. :( But it'll still be fun!

I'm exhausted. I got 3 hours of sleep last night, all thanks to Patrick. Pssssh. But in all honesty, it was totally worth it. What a great conversation.

Also, I had one heck of a morning. Between finishing room checks, packing my stuff, and checking out myself, it was extremely chaotic. I forgot a few things, but nothing I can't live without.

All is well on the home front. We got home from Uncle Mike and Aunt Sue's (where I saw Cale today) at 4:30ish? Maybe? Then the mama and I got groceries and Runza for dinner while Dad went to the warehouse to work on his car, or do whatever he does there. Then we came home and I took a bath in my itty-bitty bathtub, fell asleep for a few minutes after reading two chapters of Pride and Prejudice (which I'm re-reading over break). Since then, I've just been lying in bed typing this, texting Rachel and Corinne, and Skype chatting with Chris, who's leaving the Denver airport soon to finally fly home.

It's been a beautiful night, and I shall talk to you soon. But for now, sleep is calling me.

No comments:

Post a Comment