Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Lost, fading to grey

My uncle Mike had a heart attack on Monday. Apparently it was a pretty bad one, because he's getting a quadruple bypass right now. Mom told me today, which is Wednesday (why do I always find these things out way after the fact?). I guess maybe she didn't want to stress me out too much, because I started classes on Monday. It's understandable, because I'm pretty stressed out now. I was supposed to call Diana, the PA from Dr. McCashland's place, to get more information about my biopsy, but I couldn't handle that. I'll call her when I get out of class and explain the situation. Heck, maybe I can just stop up there tomorrow and talk to her in person.

I don't have classes tomorrow, so I'm going to UNMC to visit Uncle Mike with Mom and Aunt Sue (who's currently on her way here). Until then, I'll do these things:
  • straighten my hair finally
  • go to dinner
  • go to the basketball game
  • have fun
  • dance
  • laugh
  • come back and go to bed
  • pray, pray, pray
Much thanks to Bill, Chris, and especially Patrick, who were so comforting this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment