Saturday, January 15, 2011

Babies make bad things better

Especially when they're adorably fat, happy, and lovable.



We went to the hospital again to see Uncle Mike. He had a rough day - his meds were giving him an erratic heartbeat (which is not favorable after a heart attack...), so he had a busy day trying to get that under control. The doctors switched his meds, but he's absolutely exhausted. He seemed like he was in a half-asleep state, and we weren't able to see him for a while. When we finally did get to see him, he was super nauseous. He looks just like my grandma did when she was in the hospital the last time I saw her...like I said, rough day.

BUT...I got to see Cale today. That made everything soooo much better.

I call him Bubba. He's such a chub, and it just fits him! I automatically call him that when I see him. My Aunt Susan (aka Bubba's grandma) heard me call him that, sooo long story short, Bubba is Cale's new nickname. :) Aunt Sue (NOT Aunt Susan, but my mom's sister Sue) said something about knowing a guy whose nickname was Bump because he was chubby - I don't really get that one. Aunt Susan was holding Cale, and she looked at him and said, "Cale, are you a Bubba or a Bump?" Cale immediately made this adorable little noise that sounded like he said Bubba! GAAAAHHHH CUTEST THING EVER. I love that little man so much.

So basically, rough day made better by a baby.

In addition, credit for making me feel better is also due to Steph. Thank you so much. You have no idea how much I needed someone to just focus on me for a little bit, just to be there and to listen. Also, to provide hugs. LOVE YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment