Thursday, October 6, 2011

It's like you hit me with lightning

Last night, a resident said to me, "Ali, you look different today - like, beautiful."

Where did that come from? Yesterday was one of my lowest days of the year. I failed a test (legitimately failed it - we get our scores back immediately) in the morning and it just ruined my whole day. I don't know if I really want to be in pharmacy school anymore...or if I ever really did. I was on the verge of tears all day, so much that I had to let them go three times. I felt worthless all day.

I've actually been feeling kind of worthless for a while - at least a couple weeks. Sometimes I think about what I'd be doing if I weren't in pharmacy school, what my major would be, whether I'd be happier with school or not. The thing is...even if I went back to undergrad, I can't see myself doing well in anything. I don't feel like I'm good at anything anymore. I don't feel the passion for school-related things like I used to, and I don't know how to get that back.

So I try to be creative. I try to paint, I try to write. Actually, I don't even write creatively anymore. I realized how sucky I am at that, so I stopped. Now all I do is journal. Pointless. But those are the only things that make me feel better, other than being around friends for distraction.

So I don't know how she could possibly tell me I looked beautiful last night. That's ridiculous.

...but it still made me feel better for a few minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Keep your head and eyes up, lady! You have tons of friends who love you and will support you no matter where life takes you. Think about your goals in life instead of your job title, and let your heart take control of your decisions. <3

    ReplyDelete