Thursday, February 24, 2011

We're just amateur lovers with amateur friends

"I love you."

Simple words, aren't they?

But think about it...to how many people have you said that and really, truly meant it? Honestly, outside of my family, there aren't too many that I can think of.

I'm an I love you slut (like Hannah from Made of Honor). I say it all the time, but I don't believe in saying it too much. I use it to express things that might be better expressed by other words, but I never think people would be better off not saying it. It's a phrase commonly used to tell people that they're really great, or when people feel obligated to say it because someone said it to them, or to people they don't truly know because it makes them feel like they have friends.

So I'm making it my promise to you, my friends, to tell you that I love you and mean it. And if I have told you that I love you, believe me - I truly meant it. In a whisper at 4:30 am, yelling from my door while you're in the elevator, sitting on your floor drunk on wine and life on a Tuesday night...I couldn't have meant it more. I love you.

"I love, I love, I love you, and never wish to be parted from you from this day on."

No comments:

Post a Comment