Monday, February 28, 2011

I think I like today...

"...I think it's good...it's something I can't get my head around."

Basically, today was fantastic.

I hardly slept last night because I was so inspired to edit a poem I had posted on here a while ago. I changed it three times last night, then completely overtook it twice again this afternoon. When I was finally satisfied and could read it aloud and feel the ebb and flow of my heart along with it, I submitted it to Shadows, the literary magazine. Who knows whether it'll be accepted or not. Regardless, I will hopefully get some comments on it to see what the staff liked and what they would have changed. Look at me, learning how to take criticism.

Classes were typical, nothing special. But my assignments for the weekend were pretty dang easy, which is really nice. Had my meeting with Mandi (mah booosssss), which went really well. She said that I was mentioned in a few weekly reports, even though she had only sent one comment to me. That made me feel incredible, to be honest. All I want is to make my friends feel good about themselves. All I want is to help, and it's nice to hear that I did every once in a while.

Dinner with wonderful friends, of course, made the day even better. Steph is finally back! :) Also, I began listening to Kerrigan-Lowdermilk's album that I bought on iTunes last week, and I can't get enough. Especially this song. It just makes me want to dance - I'm feeling lyrical with that one. OH, and after dinner. Shannon took me to the stress-relief program they were having in McGloin: PUPPIESSSS. Oh my goodness.

I feel pretty today. I legitimately dressed up, with a sweater-dress and leggings and boots and all. Why? Umm...just because? I felt like looking hot today! And I've been waiting for the right weather to wear this outfit. I curled my hair before dinner, and it turned out super-well! I really like what my bangs are doing right now, and I'm thinking it might happen more often.

Possible enhancement to my look...I was happy. As Audrey Hepburn said, "I believe happy girls are the prettiest girls."

No comments:

Post a Comment