Friday, August 26, 2011

Here comes the sun


Shannon interpreted my cards yesterday. :)

The question I had in mind was about my love life in general, and the three cards I pulled from the deck represented my past, present, and future. The past and future cards I wasn't so concerned with, but my present...well well well. The Sun, pictured above, is a very happy card according to my lovely reader. I mean, just look at it - flowers, a child on a white horse, and sunshine. So much happiness.

So it looks like I'm pleased with my life at the present? I'd say that's pretty accurate.

School started a week ago, and it's going alright so far. It's going to be a tough semester, with tough classes on top of the fact that I'm technically taking 21 credits (because you're allowed to do that in professional school). But I'll be done with 2 of them by the time the weekend begins, and one of my classes is technically 4.5 credits (how does that even work?). And maybe I'm actually enjoying that one? So maybe it won't be too bad.

Also, my new freshmen moved in last weekend, and I adore them. My floor, the Honors Scholars Community on the 9th floor of Swanson, is composed of 32 women and 18 men, plus Tim and myself of course. These freshmen are just absolutely wonderful. They're always out of their rooms in the neutral zones, or else they have their doors open. There's always a little noise on the floor, and I love it - community is definitely being built. 20-some of my gals came to Zumba with me the other day, and it was a blast. Tomorrow I'm meeting with Tim and Jesska to talk about some stuff for the Honors Program. I'm just so ready to get this year going! I think it's going to be a pretty exciting year for the floor.

Tim and Ali - best floor partners everrr
There are plenty of other things for me to be happy about right now, too. I'm turning 22 in just over a week, and I'll be spending the long weekend (yeeeeah Labor Day) floating down a river and hanging out with some awesome friends - Tim, Katie, Eric, and Shannon! Then the next weekend I'm going to the wedding of two camp friends (!!!) and hopefully celebrating my birthday a week late with more friends. Ugh life is so good right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment